What is SD-WAN?
SD-WAN is an acronym for software-defined networking in a wide area network
- Advantages. SD-WAN increases network agility and reduce costs for multiple locations. It reinvents the traditional WAN using the power of virtualization.
- Improves Performance. SD-WAN allows you to prioritize critical traffic and real-time services, so it gets to you efficiently. Thanks to these reliable high-performance connections, packet loss, and latency issues are reduced.
- Enables Cloud Usage. SD-WAN improves Cloud application performance enables direct Cloud access and eliminates backhauling traffic so employees can work with ease.
- Lowers Complexity. SD-WAN eases the IT burden by simplifying infrastructure. It uses broadband to offload business apps that are not critical to your business or strategy. It also monitors tasks and manages traffic, so your network does not perform poorly.
- Boosts Security. SD-WAN solutions offer built-in security and provide a wide range of security features that are beneficial to your company’s security.
- Reduces Costs. The amount of data that travels over a WAN increases as your company grows and uses more services and applications. SD-WAN can reduce this price by leveraging low-cost local internet access, providing direct Cloud access, and reducing traffic.