Is a PRI T1 Line Right for You?
When it comes to your telecommunications, you've got to do some homework in order to come up with the best possible solution for your specific business.
So, is a PRI T1 line right for you?
Here's the information you need to find out:
- PRI stands for "Primary Rate Interface", and it has become the standard for corporate telecommunication services. Each PRI T1 line has 23 digital channels and one control channel on a digital phone line. The 23 digital channels can each handle their own separate call. The control channel is for other stuff -- like caller ID and DID numbers.
- If your business handles a lot of phone calls, it is actually more cost-effective to invest in a single PRI T1 line than 23 separate phone lines. And, as an added benefit, you'll wind up with better quality and more reliability from the PRI T1 line!
- You can get an integrated PRI T1 line, which means that some of the channels are used for phone service, and some are used for internet service. Luckily, integrated lines are not too much more expensive than traditional lines.
- When you have an integrated line, you can switch the way that the channels are set up any time you want. For example, if you need to include a dozen out-of-town employees in your next video conference, simply switch the channels so that they're all real-time video channels. Once the conference is over, you can switch the channels back any way you want.
- Most of the businesses that use PRI T1 lines are medium and large-sized. That's because these lines are built to support large quantities of data, voice, and video information.
- If your business sends and receives a lot of information, you'll be happy to hear that a PRI T1 line will transmit data at 1.54 Mbps. That is much faster than anything you'll get from cable or DSL!
- Every PRI T1 line comes with an SLA (or, "Service Level Agreement"). That's a fancy name for the contract between you and your provider. In it, you'll find exactly what you're entitled to as a customer -- including uptime guarantees and technical support response time guarantees. That way, once you sign on the dotted line, you'll be able to rest easy that you're getting the best possible service every month when you pay your bill.
We Have PRI T1 Lines in the following States: